Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spy Kids: All the Time in the World (2011)

Yup. This was my punishment for Fantastic Four 2...

I know. You're thinking to yourself, "Why is he watching and reviewing Spy Kids 4?" All I can say is, "Why not?" If the Spy Kids films are one thing, that thing is fun. They're not well written, they tend to be shoddily directed, and employ cartoon sound effects for laughs. The casts are filled with A list celebrities who are clearly there as favors, or for paychecks, and seem to be enjoying themselves. But I'll be damned if I don't love every single one of them for whatever stupid reason (and not in an ironic hipster way). Robert Rodriguez seems to write these films for his kids, and the part of me, deep down, that wants to be one of his awesomely named kids (Google his kids, seriously) wants these movies to keep coming out.

Grade: C+



Starring: Jessica Alba, Jeremy Piven, Joel McHale
Director: Robert Rodriguez
Writer(s): Robert Rodriguez
RT: 89 min
Rating: PG

1 comment:

  1. Seriously?!

    Rocket Valentin
    Racer Maximilliano
    Rebel Antonio
    Rogue
    Rhiannon

    I feel sorry for the last two...They didn't get middle names!

    At least Rebel can go by "Tony".

    ~CW

    ReplyDelete