Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (2011) / Glee: the 3D Concert Movie (2011)

I can count to this many!
I didn't figure I would need to see either of these movies. Partly because I know I wouldn't enjoy the music, mostly because I had already seen the Hannah Montana concert movie, and these films are all the same. Fortunately, for me, I've caught these two in small segments on the video store televisions while selecting other, better films. Unfortunately, I was absolutely right. These ARE the same film. A live concert spliced with interviews with the artists, the artists' friends, and the legion of fans drooling over themselves while waiting in line to see the people who have inspired them to live their lives.

How to succeed in entertainment without ever trying
They do differ in one way, and really only one way: the music. Bieber's music may sound like cats drowning in a bag, but it's his music. He, and a team of writers, took those cats, stuffed them in a bag, and threw it in the water themselves. "Glee", on the other hand, doesn't. This detestable show takes other people's music, and decides to ruin those with mediocre vocals and over produced recordings. I was unlucky enough to be perusing through the new releases when the idiot with the poor excuse for a mohawk was "singing" Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls", which happens to be my favorite song. As much as I don't want to hear bad original music, I hate hearing horrible covers of great songs.

Grade: "Bieber" - D
           "Glee" - F

Starring: Justin Bieber / The cast of "Glee"
Director: Jon M. Chu / Kevin Tancharoen
Writer(s): N/A
RT: 105 min / 84 min
Rating: PG for thematic elements, brief language and some sensuality

No comments:

Post a Comment