Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011)


Torturing myself for your reading enjoyment is what I do, and this one was not fun. I have to admit, I didn't mind the first two "Chipmunk" movies that much. This installment was just bad. I don't get why writers, or directors, feel they need to cram as many pointless pop-culture references into family films as they can. Children don't get them, adults only mildly appreciate them, and unless done with love, they aren't funny. The plot to this one  makes the least sense of any of the films so far, but I guess you have to cash in while the money is still good. I also didn't need to hear the Chipmunks cover Iggy Pop's "Wild One". I've already heard the "ChipPUNK" album, and it was better than this tired film.

Grade: D


Starring: Jason Lee, David Cross, Justin Long
Director: Mike Mitchell
Writer(s): Jonathan Aibel & Glenn Berger
RT: 87 min
Rating: G

No comments:

Post a Comment