Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Artist (2011)

We can't hear you!
I sat down to write this, and had a hard time finding the words to describe the overwhelming pleasure I felt while watching this movie. Maybe because it's a silent film, maybe because it left me breathless. Michel Hazanavicius shows a love of film history so deep, it shines through every frame with charm and and beauty. Guillaume Schiffman's cinematography was impeccable, and Ludovic Bource's score is wonderfully captivating. The performances by Jean Dujardin and Berenice Bejo are so very whimsical and endearing. This review is quickly going to become a simple list of things I love about this film. Instead I'm going to make a list of the things I didn't like about it: Nothing.

Grade: A+


Starring: Jean Dujardin, Berenice Bejo, James Cromwell
Director: Michel Hazanavicius
Writer(s): Michel Hazanavicius
RT: 100 min
Rating: PG-13 for a disturbing image and a crude gesture

No comments:

Post a Comment