Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Playback (2012)


I love when a movie can make me laugh as hard as "Playback" did. I love it even more when the film is a horror movie that takes itself way too seriously. The plot centers around a small town, and a young, aspiring filmmaker's obsession over its dirty little secret. That secret being trio of murders from over a decade earlier, and the supernatural causes behind it. Writer, and director, Michael A. Nickles fails to capture a moment of suspense on screen, as he lets his actors flop with rancid dialogue. The performances are all very one-note, but that's mostly due to the characters all being one-note. This is one of those terribly bad films I enjoy watching for the amount of suck that seems to just seep out of the screen. Between this and "Beneath the Darkness", I've had plenty of that so far this year. Here's hoping I get a little bit more.

Grade: F


Starring: Johnny Pacar, Ambyr Childers, Toby Hemingway
Director: Michael A. Nickles
Writer(s): Michael A. Nickles
RT: 98 min
Rating: R for bloody violence, sexual content/nudity and some teen partying

No comments:

Post a Comment