Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lorax, the (2012)

Tree fallin'
There was one thing I liked about the film based on the Dr. Seuss book about the dangers of over-industrialization, and that was the credits. Usually that means I struggled through the film, which I did, until it graciously ended. This time, however, it was because after an hour and a half of loud, annoying drivel the credits displayed original Seuss art work. This made me absolutely gleeful. It ends with the art, but it all starts off with a song that explains the entire plot of the film for anyone who is unwilling to do the thinking for themselves. The unfunny joke-a-minute writing, and the minions... I mean bears and fish, make every moment of this movie drag. I think it is important to note that this was released on Dr. Seuss' birthday. Happy birthday, Theodor Geisel! I hope you enjoy horrible bastardizations of your work.

Grade: D-


Starring: Zac Efron, Betty White, Ed Helms
Director: Chris Renaud, Kyle Balda
Writer(s): Ken Daurio and Cinco Paul - Book: Dr. Seuss
RT: 86 min
Rating: PG for brief mild language

No comments:

Post a Comment