Wednesday, February 15, 2012

This Means War (2012)

Life's a riot!
I used to love McG's music videos. They were bright, flashy, and fun. So, when he turned his sights on the world of film, like many video directors, I was worried, and excited. Unfortunately, his first two films were the horrible "Charlie's Angels" movies, and I thought it would never get better. But it has. With each film I like him a little more, and with "This Means War", I may be crazy about him. McG directs a trio of very likable leads in great romantic-action-comedy that is surprisingly funny and endearing. The action sequences are bright, flashy and fun, and the writing sizzles with wit and humor. Though it does have its flaws, "This Means War" is worth the time.

Grade: B+


Starring: Tom Hardy, Chris Pine, Reese Witherspoon
Director: McG
Writer(s): Timothy Dowling and Simon Kinberg - Story: Timothy Dowling and Marcus Gautesen
RT: 98 min
Rating: R for some sexual content

No comments:

Post a Comment