Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Safe House (2012)

"No, I did not see 'Two Guys, and a Girl'"
"Safe House" may have been a by-the-numbers action flick, with quick edit fights, grainy cinematography, and pretty people doing not so pretty things, but I can't say I didn't enjoy myself. Denzel Washington is dependable, and Ryan Reynolds finally gives the kind of low-key character driven performance I knew he was capable of. After "The Change-Up" and "Green Lantern" I was beginning to worry. The actor I was most pleased with, however, was Bredan Gleeson. An actor who really seems to love what he does on screen every time I see him. Overall, not a bad film, but not one I could highly reccommend.

Grade: C+


Starring: Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynolds, Brendan Gleeson
Director: Daniel Espinoza
Writer(s): David Guggenheim
RT: 115 min
Rating: R for strong violence throughout and some language

No comments:

Post a Comment