Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pass or Fail: A Tale of Two Trailers

Ok! I'm a pretty sensitive guy, but sometimes sensitivity goes a little too far. I hold the belief that if you can't laugh about everything, there is no point in having a sense of humor. This IS, however, coming from a guy who uses humor as a defense mechanism when life gets too real (I would post examples, but I know a few people who I don't want to be in trouble with). There are things that should maybe be off limits, but that feels like a cop out. Nothing should be sacred. Nothing should be held in a higher regard than anything else. I know this seems like a bit of a odd rant, but I assure you there is a point.

Pass: The Pirates! Band of Misfits




Oh man, does this look hysterical. Pirates, lepers, giant whales, A MONKEY WITH CUE CARDS!!! Aardman Entertainment has done some exceptional work in the past, and I look forward to this movie.

Fail: The Pirates! Band of Misfits




In case you didn't bother to watch this trailer, and you're wondering why I posted the same trailer twice, it's because they took out the lepers, and replaced them with ghosts! Aardman Entertainment has given in to criticism from a charity named Lepra Health in Action for "poking fun" at people with leprocy. I realize that leprosy is a serious illness, and it could be very horrible to live with, but isn't a small joke in a kid's comedy. Get over it! You don't see cancer  survivors getting in a twist every time someone makes a joke about their horrible disease. Boo on you Aardman! Booooooooo!

Extra Pass: How it Should Have Ended: If you saw any of the awful sequels to Disney's "Pirates" franchise, and had the reaction that normal people had (contempt), here is the cure for the bad taste they left in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment