Friday, April 27, 2012

Bad Ass (2012)


Sometimes I can't figure out how I'm supposed to watch a movie. "Bad Ass" could have been watched one of two ways: as a parody of gangland dramas, or as a straight movie that is so bad, it's good. Honestly, I like it the latter way. This movie plays everything so tongue-in-cheek, that the goofiness is endearing. Danny Trejo plays a Vietnam vet who comes home to no support, and his woman in the arms of another man. It is now decadeslater, and his best friend is murdered, and he is the only person who will do anything about it. I love Trejo in this film. The writing may have been a little silly, but plays this spoof on his usual angry Mexican character with gusto. The major draw of this film is Charles S.Dutton as the gang leader tasked with hunting down Trejo. His over-the-top portrayal is the reason I had trouble deciding what I was watching. I would suggest "Bad Ass" to anyone who appreciates the art of bad film making, or maybe just Danny Trejo.

Grade: C
3D: N/A
Easter Egg: No



Starring: Danny Trejo, Charles S. Dutton, Ron Perlman
Director: Craig Moss
Writer(s): Craig Moss & Elliot Tishman
RT: 90 min
Rating: R for violence, some torture, pervasive language, and some sexual content/nudity

No comments:

Post a Comment