Friday, January 30, 2015

Pass or Fail: Time Enough at Last

Welcome back to one of my defunct columns. In this column I look at two trailers, with one thing in common, and based just off of my initial reaction, I judge whether or not I think the movie is going to be any good. Today on "Pass or Fail" we will look at a pair of time travel films coming out in 2015. One is found footage action flick, and the other is a dopey comedy.

Pass: Project Almanac (January 30th)


I waited for this to get released all of last year under the title "Welcome to Yesterday", and I never got it. So, I waited. And waited. And now the studio is finally giving it to us! I realize that it is a found footage film, and it was produced by Michael Bay, but bad ideas be damned, this looks like a lot of fun. A group of college age kids stumble upon the secret of time travel, and begin to cause waves in the space/time continuum. This just looks like a lot of fun.

Fail: Hot Tub Time Machine 2 (February 20th)


Why must we be tortured with this lame-brained sequel to a lame-brained movie. A movie that looks so bad that John Cusack bailed on it, and was replaced with Adam Scott. Have you seen some of the crap that Cusack has been in lately? So, the crew from the first film is back, and they have turned the tub back on to stop Rob Corddry's character from getting murdered. Their are so many things in this trailer that made me roll my eyes. I can't assume that there won't be more of those moments in the film itself. Except with a lot more f-bombs.

Extra Pass: Time Crash

Is there any other time traveler more exciting than The Doctor? Probably not. He has been around for over 50 years, and he has been played by more than a dozen actors. Here is a special short made for an annual children's benefit, held in England, starring two Doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment