Monday, January 6, 2014

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2013)

"Marked" Man in the Mirror
I haven't liked one single "Paranormal Activity" movie. I think they are cheap horror, and offer nothing interesting to the genre. Saying I was a little iffy on seeing the spin-off of these films was a little bit of an understatement, but I went, and I almost liked it. Saying my number one reason why I didn't would be a bit of spoiler problem, so I'll skip. And I'll skip the usual complaining about "found footage" films. Though the acting wasn't especially strong, the two young leads (Andrew Jacobs and Jorge Diaz) were vibrant and charming enough to keep me interested during the film's short run time. The story was more of the same demon possession, but it did give an interesting take on why it was happening. All in all, it is the strongest film of the series to date; however, a couple of missteps keep it from rising too far out of the shadows of the first four.

Grade: C-
3D: N/A
Easter Egg: No


Starring: Andrew Jacobs, Jorge Diaz, Gabrielle Walsh
Director: Christopher Landon
Writer(s): Christopher Landon
RT: 84 min
Rating: R for pervasive language, some violence, graphic nudity and some drug use

No comments:

Post a Comment