Saturday, February 23, 2013

Side Effects (2013)

Personal "Effects"
Scott Z. Burns has now written two films that have made me incredibly uneasy about their subject matter (as if I wasn't uneasy enough about them going in). Where "Contagion" was successful at frightening people into washing their hands to avoid outbreak, "Side Effects" makes great use of paranoia about improper medication, and the dangerous effects (I tried to think of a better word) they could have on the body. Director Steven Soderbergh makes Burns' script pop with beautiful visuals, and by assembling a great cast. Jude Law is at his very best, and Rooney Mara continues to prove why she has become such hot commodity in Hollywood these days. The things I would really like to talk about in this film are the kind of things that require me to put the words spoiler alert in my review, and I don't want to do that. See this one. Trust Me.

Grade: A
3D: N/A
Easter Egg: No


Starring: Jude Law, Rooney Mara, Channing Tatum
Director: Steven Soderbergh
Writer(s): Scott Z. Burns
RT: 106 min
Rating: R for sexuality, nudity, violence and language

No comments:

Post a Comment