Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Prometheus (2012)

Alien Territory
When watching "Prometheus", the words I had to put out of my mind were "Alien" and "answers". These were going to be the words that, if I let them in, would infect everything about the movie, and would hinder my enjoyment. What I got was a fascinating, if somewhat formulaic, sci-fi/horror film with a perfectly well-rounded cast, and stunning cinematography. Though I wouldn't put this film on the list near the first two "Alien" films, I would still consider this a worthwhile experience. Scott frames the story beautifully, making it more about the mission, and story, at hand than trying to answer all of the burning questions that the audience might have had for the past few decades (a faux pas that the "Star Wars" prequels, and last year's middling "X-Men: First Class", were guilty of).

Grade: B
3D: If you must
Easter egg: A very small one, that only devoted fans will enjoy.


Starring: Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce
Director: Ridley Scott
Writer: John Spaihts and Damon Lindelof
RT: 124 min
Rating: R for sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language

1 comment:

  1. First time I watched this was over at your place during the Aliens Marathon.

    I found it to be a very good movie, standing on it's own two feet apart of the Aliens movies.

    ReplyDelete