Friday, June 21, 2013

World War Z (2013)


I don't even know where to start with how disappointed I am with this movie. I put it on my "15 Must See Movies" this year, and I am kicking myself for it. Marc Forster is a very hit or miss director (having directed both "The Kite Runner" and "Quantum of Solace"), and this time he really missed the mark. The plot, and all character development, takes a back seat to a handful of chase scenes with a group of zombies that were far more comical than menacing. It's hard to tell if this was due to the script (which had roughly three names attached that I am very interested in), or just terrible pacing and editing. Also, with so many characters coming and going, and no depth to any of them, it's hard to pick out any performances that were noteworthy. Even Brad Pitt seemed like he was just going through the motions so he could collect his paycheck. Aside from a couple of decent thrills, and often impressive special effects, this movie offered very little.

Grade: D+
3D: Don't. Too much money for nothing special.
Easter Egg: No


Starring: Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos, Daniella Kertesz
Director: Marc Forster
Writer(s): Matthew Michael Carnahan and Drew Goddard & Damon Lindelof - Story: J. Michael Straczynski
RT: 116 min
Rating: PG-13 for intense frightening zombie sequences, violence and disturbing images

No comments:

Post a Comment